Thursday 25 February 2016

Poetic Writing: I Am

We have been learning to write poems about ourselves using similes. 
Here are some of our creations.

My hair is as dark as dark chocolate and curly like the twisted vines in the jungle. 
My smile is as white and bright as shining diamonds. 
My voice is loud like a dog barking in the night. 
I do lots of homework and chores like a person at work. 
When I'm at school I feel as happy as a kid dancing at a disco. 
I am Diamond Manawa-o-te-Rangi Waenga Ripia!
*********************************************************

My hair is like a wave in the sea. It is as smooth as carpet.
I have dark brown eyes like a grizzly bear.
I look healthy like a body builder.
I sound like a chatter box.
I am Galuafi Roy Sega!
 
********************************************************

My eyes are as brown as hot boiling chocolate.
I have curly hair like noodles hanging off forks.
My voice is loud like an elephant's trunk trumpeting.
I love dancing like an octopus loves the sea.
I love lollies like a monkey loves bananas.
My name is Riany Aeysha Ngahoa Poynter!
*********************************************************

My hair is as thick as a blanket.
I have brown eyes like a puppy.
 I talk like a comedian, making jokes.
My muscles feel as hard as a table.
I love sport like a dog loves chewing on it's toy.
I am Gabriel Calais Daniel!
*********************************************************



No comments:

Post a Comment